- Fabric: Touching it, buying it, looking at it, designing it.
- The awesome I can meet at meeting, shows, in stores, online.
- I will stay warm and have a trade-skill in the zombie apocalypse.
- I get to buy from small shops (even if they are online shops), which helps THEIR dreams come true too!
- It’s a link to the past and I am content that I am carrying on quilting traditions that have spanned generations.
- Quilt shows! From the small local shows, to big shows, to Quilt Market itself!
- I have a perfect excuse to binge watch television when I have hand stitching on my bindings to do.
- The complete satisfaction from creating a perfect half square triangle.
- The trill of seeing my finished quilts!
- Did I mention fabrics??
What are YOUR favorite things about quilting? I’d love to hear about them.
Greetings! Many of you might be joining Indie Quilter as crossovers from The Fiber Nation blog. For my readers from there, know that I am BACK! I had several family and self medical emergencies since April of 2014, but I am happy to be moving past all that and back into sewing, quilting and creating again.
I spent several months stewing over this change, or “rebranding”. I began to realize over time that I am much more comfortable with a personal blog, rather than the industry blog that The Fiber Nation was intended to be. (I won’t be taking it down for now, as there are several articles on there that still get a lot of views each day.)
I’m Stephanie Forsyth, aka IndieQuilter. I am a quilt designer, quilter, artist, and surface pattern designer, and future fabric designer!
I started blogging because I LOVE all aspects of quilting, and I find a lot of pleasure in sharing what I’m working on, as well as hints & tips that can help fellow quilters.
So what will you find here at IndieQuilter? You will see posts about projects I’m currently working on, quilt relevant articles, free projects, DIY instructions, and give aways! I will keep you up to date on magazines you can find my quilt design patterns in, pieces about other quilters and designers are being planned out as well. I can’t wait to again share my love and excitement about quilting and surface pattern design.
I would also love you, yes YOU to be involved in IndieQuilter. I encourage comments here on the blog. I can also be reached at email@example.com. I’d love to know your thoughts on posts here and suggestions for future topics and posts.
I look forward to bringing you information and inspiration here at IndieQuilter!